Nothing to fear here, other than the thoughts of a free will. Read with no caution, but maybe just a sense of open-ness.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Scared Stiff

Had my first real accident today. Nothing that involved my usual of hitting a tree, snowdrift, or a stationary fence. Real, hitting, I could have caused a pileup kind of accident. The story goes like this:

Enter Adrian, just getting off of work and getting ready to head down to show low for some business. Upon turning the curve from porter mountain, I check my cell phone for a call. Probably not the greatest judgment right there. Looking up I see a gentleman turning into the lane, and with virtually no reaction time, I hit.

Fortunately this guy was kind enough to calmly give swap info with me. If it had been the usual jerk elderly trying to sue me it would have been a different story. An officer came shortly after, and just as fast as it had happened, it was done.

Maybe a bit overexcited about it, but it was scary. No matter what the final damage is, an accident is a scary thing. Makes you think about what you should be doing better, and better yet, what you could have lost. It could have been worse, but I for one am glad it wasn't.

Adrian

No comments: